• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where Do I Stand

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Funtime4al

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida

I have a Small S. Corporation business in Florida. My business is a very limited field that deals with Medical Equipment Servicing. I fronted all the money 17 years ago and hired someone I trained and knew was a good partner. Along with his employment I gave him 40% share of the business, his title VP
At this time the business is having financial problems, loss of accounts and weather related problems. Now I'm having some bad feelings that my partner is doing work on the side / out of his house. Yesterday he told me he was knocking on customers doors, yet for weeks never bringing in any work, or just little Jobs. So, on a gut feeling around 3:10 in the afternoon, I decided to drive to his house and there was his Van! The day before I called him and asked what his agenda was and could tell by the sound on the phone he was home. So!

My question is, Can I fire Him if Needed and or where do I stand if I do? I'm President He's VP.

panzertanker

Funtime4al said:
What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Florida

I have a Small S. Corporation business in Florida. My business is a very limited field that deals with Medical Equipment Servicing. I fronted all the money 17 years ago and hired someone I trained and knew was a good partner. Along with his employment I gave him 40% share of the business, his title VP
At this time the business is having financial problems, loss of accounts and weather related problems. Now I'm having some bad feelings that my partner is doing work on the side / out of his house. Yesterday he told me he was knocking on customers doors, yet for weeks never bringing in any work, or just little Jobs. So, on a gut feeling around 3:10 in the afternoon, I decided to drive to his house and there was his Van! The day before I called him and asked what his agenda was and could tell by the sound on the phone he was home. So!

My question is, Can I fire Him if Needed and or where do I stand if I do? I'm President He's VP.
Do you have a contract that gives him employment?
Do you have Corporation papers naming him as VP?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">