• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Where To Go For Help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

juli622

oregon
i worked for 2 years as a bartender and i was fired last week-my employer had deducted till shortages and overrings from my paychecks for this time.who do i go to for help ?

JETX

Was there an agreement when you hire on that you would be responsible for over/unders?? And even if not, what is to prevent the owner from saying there was??

Did you notify the owner in WRITING when you first 'discovered' this practice. If not, you have probably waived any claim 'acceptance' of the practice until now.

J

juli622

thank you for replying-i had several times spoken to employer about shortages and have many witnesses as to the fact.i am now in process of delivering a written letter to him at such business stating that i'm filing a complaint w/wage + hour division
and stating the amount illegally deducted-we will see what happens thanx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">