• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

whether this agreement is valid in this case & termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

tango

I have signed a transfer agreement with my company which is in India which states that I shall be transfered to a Branch in CA(California) for a period of 12 months,it is actually a type of contract/bond.If I leave before that then I shall have to pay $12000 as early termination of agreement, This agreement clearly states that California State laws shall be applicable incase of terminating this agreement.
Ok, now I had signed this & went to US on B1 for some other important company's client discussion (not in CA) & now when I am back I have my personal problems & do not wish to be transferred and want to leave this organisation.
My H1 visa has been approved & will be stamped after 3 months .
Now my queries are :
1)Is this agreement valid during B1.
2)Is the California law enforceable on person who is not yet on non-immigarant temporary work visa.
3)Incase I leave the job , will I have to pay $12000.

Answers to these question will make my life easy.
TANGO

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">