• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whistle Blower Case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dixie36

I will try to be brief. I filed a whistle blower case in Maryland. I charged my manager and the secretary with numerous counts of wrongdoing, including: embezzlement, wrongful and malicious termination, hassassment, retaliation, falsifying time sheets, falsifying documents in order to embezzle, giving a false statement to Employer/Employee Relations in order to have me fired, fraudulent employee interviews, illegally changing job classifications, illegally changing job descriptions, illegally giving pay raises, failure to hire, the breaking of a promise, and assault. I also asked for punitive damages based on many of the above wrongs. You can see that I did my homework.

Suffice it to say, I was very detailed in my letter to the Maryland EEOC. However, yesterday I received a letter from EEOC stating that "their investigation did not discover any evidence to substantiate my charges of retaliation, and the numerous other charges were found to be without merit". My case was dismissed. The letter also stated that I could appeal by calling the Office of Administrative Hearings within ten days.

I worked with the Maryland Department of Education for a time, and read and filed many, many complaints. I even typed a few letter that went to the Office of Administrative Hearings and answered complainants questions concerning the process. Nowhere did I ever see where the results of an investigation was so brief. In every case, the EEOC described its foundings (to a point) and who they talked to. The Management of Department where I worked and with whom I have complaints is undoubtly stonewalling and giving me as little as possible to work with.

I want to appeal, of course. I want for all persons involved - the accused as well as my many witnesses - to go before a judge and tell what happened under oath. I understand that to go before a judge and expose all the things that happened is going to embarrass the Department, but I can't help that. To dismiss my case without so much as a 'Right to Sue' is humiliating and unjust. I intend to add to my list of witnesses and have them all address the court.

My question is - Do I need to know any special legal jargon or do I have to word my appeal a certain way? Also, does anyone know of any other cases that were simply dismissed without merit, even in the light of so many charges and complaints? What could be the reason for it?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

L

lawrat

You are certainly well read. But you need a lawyer to handle the administrative appeal and then the civil court case.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">