• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Whistleblower

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nerdmann

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? WISCONSIN, usa.

I was a health care worker. I witnessed abuse and neglect of the disabled people we were caring for. I attempted to change this during staff meetings. As a result, I experienced workplace harassment and retaliation. So I reported the workplace retaliation as well as the abuse. As a result of this my employment was terminated.
It is a somewhat complex tale. Anyway, I complained to the BUREAU OF LABOR STANDARDS. Wisconsin has a WHISTLEBLOWER LAW to protect health care workers.
Now the company wants to settle. They are sending an administrative law judge up from Milwuakee to mediate a settlement on April 21. As far as I am concerned, I would just as soon let the freakin investigation go foreward. However, if they make me a really good monetary offer, I might just settle and drop my complaint.
What I want to know is, what can i expect in this mediation? Also, what type of offer can I expect as a settlement? I really dont know anything about the law. Thanks.
Nerdmann

pattytx

No one here would have absolutely any idea of what type of settlement they are thinking of. You should have an attorney to advise you on this. This settlement is only to address your retaliation claim anyway; the problem you reported will continue to be investigated and addressed separately.

Again, you should have a local attorney representing you here; this is not a do-it-yourself project.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">