• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Who does legititate background checks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

HERBS

What is the name of your state?Massachusetts

Can anyone recommend the names of some reputable firms that do background checks?

I saw some firms on a google search but was concerned when they start asking for credit cards.

How do you find out about the search firms?

Beth3

Are you an employer? If so, the best way to proceed is to contact some other employers in your area that you're on friendly terms with and ask if they can give you any referrals for any agencies they may use.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Why were you concerned when they started asking for credit cards? They don't work for free, and credit cards are how many internet businesses operate. The fact that they ask for credit card info doesn't mean they aren't legit.

HERBS

Credit card cost not the issue

I am certainly not concerned over paying for a background search. But, I'd rather send a check to a company that I know then to an internet firm I have not information about.

I'll check with some other sources as there do not appear to be any suggestions on firms that do this type work.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, I can't help you; the firm I used to use has been sold and no longer does that kind of work. But even if that were not the case, the purpose of this board is not to make referrals.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">