• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

whoknows

• Thread starter reply to Slan Reference
  • Start date

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

reply to Slan Reference

I am sorry to hear about what happened with the Prof. this is blatant in sciences. Most campus Deans know it but like Coach Knight no one has the guts to tackle it because the Professors have a lot of " Distinguished reputation"

I myself came out of graduate school with a heck of a lot of promise. Finished Grad school better than anyone who my Prof had for his career at the time ( 15- 20 years!) But ever since has had many differences of opinions with bosses who have attempted to clone me in their ways rather than let me give my best. Although even under these tough situations have been very creative and published and made a difference. Once shown it works 99% of the time it has been taken away from me and given to one of the cronies with masking statement of “ in keeping with team work” This has happened to me at the Universities and also the Industry. I do not believe any laws protect us. So today I just do my work and come home. I some times wonder if things were fair, would I have found a cure for something really tough or what else I could have done but that is the sad reality.

So I can certainly relate to your situation, I believe Kary Mullis the Nobel Laureate who discovered PCR would never have got any credit for his discovery if Du Pont did not contest Roche for the rights to use it.

I have had to change my field because I have not been able to trust the letters these jokers write or the phone calls they take.

It is sad but that is the truth. Unless you’re in Science one cannot fathom it. My feeling is that all Grad students should be given a course in how to "Brown Nose". Only the ones who can make an "A" should be allowed to continue because if not the degree of frustration later is higher.

Unfortunately the majority of the Professors today look at Graduate students as less than slave labor. Post docs are looked upon with less respect because their money may be coming solely from the Prof's grant.

The American University system owes it to the tax-paying public to look at the conduct of Professors. After all, the grant money though distributed by the NIH or other bodies really come from the taxpayer.

Finally if ever I win the lotto I will certainly start a foundation to help fellow scientist to have a fair say

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">