• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wilfull and Gross Misconduct - Difference?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Katerina754

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Please see previous post for specifics of my (what I thunk will result in) termination. I am presently on suspension w/o pay and accussed of mishadling monies under my control.

I spoke with an employement law attny he indicated that unless I am terminated for wilful misconduct I would able to file a UC claim. I guess my question is - if in the fact monies were not under my "control" ie- others had plain access in the course of daily duties - can they prove wilful misconduct? It was actually their demand that I work in a capacity within this medical office performing front end duties - ie collecting cash verifying ins etc....but that I also leave that workstation and perform duties in te back office area as well since I am a nurse as well. When I did leave my station it was not required nor was place provided for me to lock up my slips and collected cash and may times when I returned cash and charge slips from patients who left in my absence were sitting at my work station to be entered into the computer system that Idid not collect...

Ive resigned to the fact that this large corporation cand probablly will fire me for "suspicion" and I'd really like any info whatsoever on the topic so that when I meet with them again - I will prepared to seek out any add'l remedies avail to me such as negotiating type of discharge and what I should and shouldnt sign.

My attny basically indicated that there isnt a whole lot I can do but make the decision of whether to go quietly into the night or not. ANd that basically there isnt alot I can do since there hasnt been discrimination and it isnt reataliatory in nature.

Im open for suggesstions and have all week to work something out. . . unpaid.

Not that it matters to anyone either way - but I didnt steal.

Beth3

I spoke with an employement law attny he indicated that unless I am terminated for wilful misconduct I would able to file a UC claim. ANYONE can file for unemployment benefits; the question is whether the State will grant them. Since we don't know what kind of reasonable evidence or testimony your employer will provide regarding their suspicions that you stole the money, no one here can predict the outcome. You have nothing to lose by filing for UC benefits however.

Katerina754

Thank You Beth

Beth: thank you for taking a moment to read my post and for your reply. The evidence is circumstantial at best and of course Ishall find out later in the week what the outcome is - and move forward from that point. Thank you again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">