• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will my record effect me?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chelseal

When I was 18, I was arrested for stealing. This was a little over 2 1/2 years ago. When I went to court, I did what I think was called deferred adjudication. After 90 days, I was told it would be listed as dismissed on my criminal record. Will this effect my ability to become a teacher in the state of Texas? I am eligible to get my record sealed. Would this help?

OHRoadwarrior

According to the state accreditation agency, a deferred adjudication for a misdemeanor can potentially affect your ability to get licensed. You can apply for an interpretation of your criminal record prior to going through all needed educational requirements. Here is the link to contact the agency.

http://www.tea.state.tx.us/index2.aspx?id=2147486679&menu_id=846&menu_id2=794

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">