• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

will pending court show up on my back ground check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

silent765

What is the name of your state? ca

will pending court show up on my back ground check and disqulify me from my job?
because i have court next YEAR

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
That depends entirely on how thorough a background check is done.

All background checks are not created equal.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It's not who does it that matters. It's what information the employer asks for and how deep they ask for it to be done.

pattytx

Not directed specifically toward the OP of this thread, but what is it with all the questions about "will my background check show XX arrest, trial, conviction, acquittal", etc.

I just turned 54 years old and I've never even been arrested ONCE. :p

danpedraza

how to handle background checks

I have may years experience in this area as a person who was convicted of Robbery in the 2nd degree, a class "C" felony in New York State back in 1982. it was my first arrest and i received 3 years in a state prison. As a 19 year old i went to college in prison and upon my release finished college on a campus. i then got my Masters degree in 1994. Since 1985 i applied for various jobs in Mcdonalds, Roy Rodgers and Dishwasher. I was honest about my conviction and each time i was rejected. A friend told me a local group home for troubled teens needed a child care worker and said the only background check was to see if you were ever the subject of a child abuse investigation. After passing this check i was employed 4 years. Each and every time i applied for a job thereafter i lied and said no to the question have you ever been convicted of a felony. Each time i did this i got the job. i took the risk and was okay. So after 20 years gainfully employed here comes osama Bin laden and the animals who attacked us on 9-11. All of the sudden security was the buzz word for most americans and companies. I soon found myself in a position where i knew all employers were doing backgroung checks. As a rule, if the background check is using a third party agency i think but am not sure they go back only 10 years. However if you are fingerprinted then all bets are off and everything you ever did will show up. There is this misconception out there that America is a forgiving society. Not true. if people know you have a criminal record they treat you different.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
And if you lie about your criminal background and get caught, that's grounds for immediate termination with no unemployment benefits.

And then, you get to tell the next employer why you were fired...

silent765

yea i havent been convicted of anything yet and so i would not be lieing and yea its a 3rd party person doing the back ground check but they just asked for my information not any finger prints

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Silent, I wasn't accusing you of lying; I was responding to the poster above who appeared to be recommending lying.

VeronicaLodge

I wouldnt recommend lying either. Where I work, I know that the 3rd party we use for background checks goes back more than 10 years; however, if the conviction is more than 10 years old we DO NOT consider it in our hiring decision. But we if we find it and you lied, we will use lying on your application as a reason not to hire you. and this exact situation just happened last week.

silent765

yea once i get sentenced thats when i will be putting that YES i have been convicted of a felony for accepting stolen property but as of now i Havent been convicted so I put No i havent

hey veronica would you hire some one that bought/recived stolen property

redleg17

Being CHARGED with a crime should not be a disqualifier for employment... if the application asked if you've been CONVICTED, then you may freely answer "no".

Being charged with a crime doesn't mean you did anything wrong, otherwise we wouldn't have courts. Once you have been convicted, and you fill out an application, if you lie on the application and the conviction is ever discovered, then you have set yourself up for termination.

silent765

yes thank you i have enterd my plea but i wont be convicted untill im sentenced and thats untill next year so as of now i have been putting no i have not been convicted thanks for every ones response

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">