• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Will they ever get paid?!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

creinhart @ work

It looks as though my California employer will be going bankrupt though we have not been informed of this as of yet. I am the Accounting and HR Manager for a division of this company. Today I was notified that my sales people would not be recieving their earned commissions with the next payroll date (tomorrow). I have not even been given the courtesy of knowing the date that they will be paid. I am not aware of the laws that pertain to "not paying employess" much less how those wages stand up in bankruptcy court. Are commission handled differently than salaries? How long can a company hold commissions with out payment and no explanation? Will my sales people EVER be paid???!!!???

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">