• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

"At Will", Wait for Unions investigation or...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

H

happyall

I belong to a State where "At Will" employee is imposed. If our handbook doesn'T mention the Word "At Will", will the rules and regulations that govern "At Will" employment effective?
I got terminated for something I did not do. My union is grieving my case now. I am planning to sue my employer,. Now I don't know what is the best thing to do, to finish my Unions investigation or to get my lawyer now. If I sue now what effect will their be to my unions investigation.

T

troynsam

Most states adhere to "at will" status. This remains employment status regardless of what your handbook says, or doesn't say. However, this does not in any way prevent litigation. Any pending litigation should not affect your union's investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">