• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

A WIN for the little guy !!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

armadillo

The best news ever came to me today and I just have to let it be known. My employer of 24 years fired me over a year ago after their MRO and Lab claimed I adulterated a random urine sample. They said a substance called Pryidine was added to it which fouled the test for the 5 panel DOT screen. I was able due to the info on the net,to find out the substance came from my effort to improve my health from suplements I was taking in my diet. Also this stuff is in a lot of everday items as well such as coffee,overcooked meats,vitamins and cigarettes.

Being a Union member I was subjected to a kangaroo court hearing even with my research included and dismissed. As allowed by our collective bargaining agreement and 3 appeals later ( nearly a year later ) the case was finally heard by a neutral arbitrater of a Public Law Board who realized the truth and has now directed I be fully reinstated with back pay and full rights and seniority. The company still is working hard to rid itself of long time employees to whom they have an obligation and are always looking for ways to break the Union but is'nt that the norm in corporations today?

Just thought it would be good news to some when all you here about is the big guy winning all the time.

B

buddy2bear

Congratulations! Isn't the internet wonderful for finding out information? Now, the company will probably try to "discourage" you from coming back because they think it is a "bad example" to the other employees because you won against them, so don't be surprised if they try to offer you some money to "go away." Also, if you do go back, be very careful and don't boast about it, because they will start to build a file so that down the road, they will be able to get rid of you for "legitimate" reasons. That means, you will probably be getting picked for a lot of "random" drug tests. It would be a good idea if you were to run for election as the shop steward. That, at least, might give you a little bit of protection in the future.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">