• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wondering

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

oobler

What is the name of your state?WI
My wife just finished Dietary Managment school. Just so happens a Dietary Managment position opens in our town. She applies and gets the job. My wife before the hireing explains to the administrator that she has just gotten out of school and this would be her first attempt. The administrater told her that it was fine and they would train her in the position for 6 month and would let her attend continuing education courses that she needs to mantain her licence. The first few months my wife didnt recieve the training she was promised, but the adminestrator aplogised and sent her emails about how impressed she was with how well my wife was doing and how fast she was catching on. Sound good right? Well about four months into it the administrator dies. A new person is put into the position(Im not sure permentally or temp.) One week into it my wife gets written up, a few weeks later fired. I cant really go into why she was written up, but I can say she did nothing different than what she was doing when the first admi. was still alive. Only difference between then and now was the new admin. dumped so much work onto my wife (work that had been around long before my wife got there)that she could no longer keep up. Other workers also seen what was going on and didnt think it was right. My wife constantly started bringing work home (off the clock) and started working up to 10 hrs. a day. Still she could not keep up with the work load. My wife and others that work there believe that this was done deliberitly to get my wife fired. Is there any case there? The new admin. was just an employee that worked there and had no experience in that position. The training the old admin. had promised was never documented so I assume that has no relivence. Any advice? :(

Beth3

My wife and others that work there believe that this was done deliberitly to get my wife fired. Is there any case there? No.

The training the old admin. had promised was never documented so I assume that has no relivence. Even if it had been documented, it wouldn't matter.

While this is an unfortunate situation, nothing in your post remotely suggests the employer has acted unlawfully or that your wife has any cause of action against them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">