• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wondering why i lost my job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Q

quiggleamy

indiana.
i was fired from my job. i was not given a clear reaaon as to why i was dischargedd.i was told in the beginning that it was for counting cash at a location when it was not a designated time for me to do so. this is an untrue accusation, i"ve even spoken to employees at the location, they know that i've never done such a thing. i was never even questioned or informed that there was a possible issue. i later discovered from my employer that i was fired because i couldn't keep my mouth shut, that i said too much(direct quote)i don't get this, i never vounteered any information about anything to my employer,only on occasion answered direct questions,honestly. surely this would not effect my employment,i never told any company secrets, talked about others in the workplace without being asked, and never spoke out of turn.however, recently my sister & brother in law had a conflict with my employer, they had purchased a vehicle from my employer, and had been given an option to trade in said vehicle if it was not up to par,see it was sold without being reconditioned.anyway, when they attempted to return or trade in vehicle,engine damage,transmission needed replaced,they were met with no cooperation,and were told they were out of luck. they were thinking about contacting their attorney.they believe that they had been wronged.however, i never mentioned this incident to my employer or anyone in the dealership.not my place to do so.but i'm concerned that i may have lost my job because my employer was having a disagreement with my inlaws.i was also on occasion degraded by my employer for my previous profession.i managed a bar and my employer was a very church going man,and made degrading comments about my previous employment. i'm not sure what to do, i know that my work record is excellent,that i was told that i did my job better than anyone previous to me.i was told in my firing that i was not being fired for my job performance.i'm not sure what to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">