• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Won't give me a chance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dbittel

I live in Great Bend,Ks. I am a college graduate with some experience in office and administration, specialized training in pension administration. A certain company in my town is in desperate need of workers with my special training but will not give me a chance to even interveiw with them. I spent $150.00 to take a class they provide free of charge to their employees thinking they would surely hire me if I was more qualified than other applicants. I have sent numerous resumes and emails to the Human Resource Dept but get no response. Can I sue them for unfair hiring practices? To recover the expense of the class?

B

buddy2bear

No, unless you can prove that they didn't hire you because of your age, race, religion, national origin, handicap, gender, marital status, etc. An employer has the right to hire anyone they please, qualified or not qualified, so long as they do not discriminate against anyone based on the above criteria.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">