• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers compensation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

love7157

my job comes with housing. now that i have filed for workers comp.due to injury at work my employer says i have to move within two weeks. can he do that?

------------------

B

buddy2bear

eeks! That's a good one! You have a workers' comp. lawyer? I think you are going to have to ask him that question! If you don't have one, find one quick. Workers' comp. pays the lawyer from a percentage of what you receive so don't be afraid to call one up. Housing is part of your salary - wonder how they handle that tax-wise - income to you on your W2 or benefit deduction for them? Employers are not allowed to "retaliate" against you because you filed a workers' comp. claim. This could be looked at as a possible "retaliation." Remember - workers' compensation lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">