• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

workers compensation not paying

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carla28s

What is the name of your state? california
I worked for a lady that got hurt on the job, lost her leg and her lawsuit is still pending since 1989. I worked for her from March 2003 until December 1, 2005; I haven't received a check since May 2005, and I talked to her lawyer and he asked me to fax all the hours I have worked. I was suppose to be in court January 5, 2006 but I was told by lawyer I didnt need to go and that he would take care of it. He also said he would be sending me papers for me to sign but has not sent anything to me yet. On january 5, 2006 the lawyer sent me court papers:

Before the worker's compensation appeals board for the state of california
To: All parties of record
please take notice that the avove referenced workers compensation matter has been set for a lien conference to be held on March 15, 2006, at 8:30 a.m., before the Judge.

My question is What does the above court papers mean and what should I do?

Beth3

I'm confused. What does this person's WC claim have to do with your getting paid for the hours you worked for her?

Don't forget that HER laywer is working for HER - not you. Have you filed a complaint with your State's Department of Labor for your unpaid wages?

carla28s

not sure

california
Thank you for your quick reply. See I am a little confused on who's responsible for my paychecks. Im also confused on whom and what I should do at this point. I have been getting the runaround for so long. Please understand

carla28s

Please disregard my question above, I have found the information needed and I am going to file the complaint. I appreciate everyones help and suggestions. Please if you think of any other actions I should take besides filing the complaint, could you please let me know? Thank you sooo much

carla28s

submit claim?

I filled out a claim online and my plans were to submit it tommorrow. This morning I called the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement to find out what I will need to know the exact address as to my employer. The only address I know of is a PO box. I tried to find address in the yellow pages but no luck. I then contacted the lawyer representing the Lady I worked for and he said I cannot submit a claim to the board. He also said this would be handled when we go to court in March so for me not to worry. I'm new to this so I have no clue on what's going on. My question is Can I still file a claim?

mlane58

Again, the attorney is working for your employer and the attorney telling you that you cannot file is full of crap. If you don't file and go to court and it is not handled, then you are getting screwed. FILE! FILE! FILE!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">