• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workers Rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

Squirllygrl

I work for a social service agency and on Tues Oct. 3rd. a client of mine who is a mentally ill substance abuser phoned my boss and stated that he wants to press charges against me. My boss initially handed over this issue to me to deal with but the following day I received a phone call for the V.P. telling me to leave my post because I was suspended. I questioned her about the allegations that were made against me and she said that our agency had to do an internal investigation and that it would be rectified within a day or two and that she could not divulge the information being investigated. On Thurs Oct 5th, at 6:30, I received a phone call requesting my appearance for a meeting for the following morning. I did not get the message until noon on Friday. I then phoned the Main office and spoke to our Human Resource director requesting a meeting for that day A.S.A.P., a meeting was set for 4:00 with the V.P. and the H.R. director. At 3:30 the H.R. director phoned and cancelled the meeting due to the fact that the person who originally did the investigation, a quality support person, wanted to meet with me. A date is now set for Tues Oct 10th at 3:30. If I am found guilty of whatever accusations have been made about me I will not be paid for all of this time that has been passing by. It seems as though there concern is for the client we provide services to and not to an employee of three years. What are my rights in an internal investigation as such and where is the fine line drawn for the protection of the employee. Lastly, if I am fired from my job for so called " misconduct" I can't collect unemployment. It seems as though my company is not doing a thorough and fair investigation as well as not protecting my rights as their employee. Is there anything I can do to protect my rights and make sure an accurate judgement has been made?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

The smartest thing to do is not to handle this one on your own and get an attorney. Hire an employment labor law attorney ASAP.

Try attorneypages.com or contacr your state bar association and ask for one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">