• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working at a prison as a contractor with a record?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jesse20james

I am being offered a position as a contractor for a company that does work with jails inside the actual jails and prisons in multiple states. When I was 15 i was charged with a felonious assault and plead no contest to it as a juvinile. It still shows on my public record also. Will I have a hard time getting in these prisons because of this charge? I have been clean since and plan to get it expunged later. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Banned_Princess

I am being offered a position as a contractor for a company that does work with jails inside the actual jails and prisons in multiple states. When I was 15 i was charged with a felonious assault and plead no contest to it as a juvinile. It still shows on my public record also. Will I have a hard time getting in these prisons because of this charge? I have been clean since and plan to get it expunged later. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Does the company know of the conviction?

If yes, congradulations on the new job.

pattytx

Is the job offer contingent upon a background check?

All background checks are not created equal (credit: cbg).

jesse20james

Well Yes, but this is a contract to hire situation and im not sure if the contract company has the same backround check standards as being able to get in a jail or prison. I would have to imagine that it doesnt but at the same time i was charged as a juvenile and I plead nolo contesto, so i cant imagine it really being a problem. I especially will not be around any inmates. I'd just had to take this job and find out when I fly out to these prisons that I cant get in and do my work because of this. Any thoughts? advice?

pattytx

This is not my area of expertise, so please check back for other responses. I will say, however, though, if you think you can get this expunged, see an attorney now rather than later. The longer you wait, the more chance there is that this could be a problem for you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">