• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Working second job while at primary job

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jujub30

Im in Arkansas and work at a local hospital full-time. I have currently come across the fact that some of my co-workers are working a secondary job for a transcription service (which is provided by the hospital), but this service pays by the page typed. So, they are receiving pay from the service and from the hospital at the same time. They are really supposed to be doing this "extra" work at home or "off" the clock, but they do not. Is this legal? I feel like this should/could be grounds for termination. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

L

loku

Therefore, they could be fired for what they are doing. In fact, they could be fired for no reason at all. However, even if they do have a contract or for some other reason, there must be a cause to fire them, this would be a cause for termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">