• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace Chaos!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

justme3003

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

We have a situation at work where 2 women are fighting(personal issues and what not). Then corporate got involved after one woman put her hands on the other and gave the manager the order to fire her. Which he didn't and he gave both of them ONE more chance and to stop the drama. Not to mention it anymore to just totally drop it.

Now they both are at odds with each, the aggressor more than the other, getting everyone at work involved in their petty squabbles. Its insane, if you talk to one the other gets an attitude with you, vice verse with the other one.It makes a very hostile workplace and manager does nothing to assist but say his hands are tied. One waits till the boss is left and makes quick snipes about how she isn't allowed to talk about the other, or how she was treated so unfairly(OMG she kept her job after assaulting another employee)

I am one of the assistant managers and I went to send her home for attitude issues, he said as long as she does her job I cannot send her home. SO we are to put up with her attitude with us and the snide remarks, but as long as she smiles at the customer and takes care of them its ok. :confused:

Honestly it makes it hard to work with someone when you have to stand right next to and listen to it the entire shift how she hates this other woman. How she wants to just strangle her if she had the chance. The other employees have come to me and said that its intolerable to work with either one, since they both can't seem to drop the situation.

I'm just curious on what to do, the company is in the midst of transition where as we all know both of them will run to the new HR person and tell on the other as soon as the transition is done. I fear the boss will get thrown in the middle of this since he is the one that let it go on for so long (over 6 mos now). IF we go to the boss's boss, who won't be his boss in a few short weeks, she will probably just let it go. So should we hold on until the new company takes over and say..BE FOREWARNED?!!

Just a lil backround the one woman has a temper issue (the aggressor) has screamed and yelled at the boss, the other assistant manager, has thrown her coffee at the manager and put her hands on the other woman. The only reason she seems to hate this other lady i because she was going out with a man who was married/seperated. Told ya..TOTALY INSANE!

Any advice given would be greatly appreciated

cyjeff

Document everything.

Stay out of it. There will be plenty flying around and you don't want to get any on you.

justme3003

Yup documenting every workday incident to CYA ya know.

Honestly yeah staying out of it is will be the plan, we already know something is about to hit the fan when the new company takes over. Both are threatening to sue the current owner, the management company and the new company as well as each other when this transistion is done. They both claim to have "things" on everyone at this store and they plan on bringing everyone down with them. (Yeah..who needs daytime soaps).

For the most part I think we might just grab a bag of popcorn, a lawn chair and sit in the parking lot and watch the drama unfold. Hopefully someone brings the digital video cam and we can post it on Youtube. :D

Seriously I just needed someone else to say, Just let sleeping dogs lie and eventually karma will come around and bite both of them in the butt.

Thanks!!

justme3003

Neither person, I'm just the middle person everyone keeps comin to and saying..

OMG can you stop so & So from complaining about the other...

and boss tells me not to get involved. So I get an earful from both parties, the manager and the rest of the staff...

pattytx

OK, then, very simple.

"I don't want to get involved. I have no authority to change anything. Please take your complaints/comments to whomever-they-should-take-them-to."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">