• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Workplace Privacy Matter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sunnydaze

What is the name of your state? Arizona
My work let the police search my work computer, according to Federal law any search of a work computer without a warrant must be conducted by my manager looking specifically for work related misconduct. The police searched my computer looking specifically for criminal activity without a warrant. The police went into my private email accounts (password protected) bank accounts (protected) etc It did lead to an arrest warrant. The question I have is my employer liable for consenting to a third party search that invaded my privacy? I am public sector employee.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Do YOU own the computer? No, your employer does. So your employer has the right to let anyone look at it that they choose to.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">