• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

worngful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

robmcb817

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas.

I worked for a companyfor 3 months. I was always on time and did well beyond what was asked of me. I was asked to take an extra load out after having been at work 9 hours already. I was told I would be paid 2 extra days pay for this. When I got my check, I was only paid 1 additional day. When I asked for my money, I was fired. When I filed for unemployment, they stated I was never on time and wanted to do things my way. I had been continuously told that I was the best driver they had and had never been written up or warned for anything.

pattytx

Let's take a somewhat educated guess. If you are asking whether this was a wrongful termination under the LAW, no, it was not. Google "wrongful termination".

If you have other questions, post back.

GonzoFL

I'm not trying to pick on you robmcb,you did get the dirty end of the stick,but wrongful termination...not a chance. Goggle the term like patty asked you to do,you will see why it wasn't wrongful. There is a big misconception about wrongful termination. The questions on this forum would be greatly reduced if Op's would make themselves aware of the definition of wrongful termination. I wish you well and hope you find a better employer next time.

ecmst12

However, you should appeal your unemployment denial. If what you say is true, they won't be able to prove their allegations and you will win the appeal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">