• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Worried about new job background check

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nyan

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Long story short; I went to court and was charged with a misdemeanor (Larceny less than 200$), the judge let me claim "HIDA" which I believe seals your record and the judge said in 1 year when i go back after i finish all my requirements the record will be erased. Well I just got a job offer at Dollar General and i am currently waiting for the background check to come back. Will the charge that the judge gave me "HIDA" on show up?

eerelations

bumping the thread... someone please help me out.
You do realize that the experts here are volunteers and as such do not "man the forums" 24/7. In addition, your bump and demands have probably pissed them off - as a result, expect a slower-than-normal response rate.

If you want an immediate response, pay someone for it.

Nyan

You do realize that the experts here are volunteers and as such do not "man the forums" 24/7. In addition, your bump and demands have probably pissed them off - as a result, expect a slower-than-normal response rate.

If you want an immediate response, pay someone for it.
I am sorry if i offended someone... im just worried about my background check and looking for an answer from anyone. you dont need to come on and start freaking out on me just because I am looking for some help...

eerelations

I am sorry if i offended someone... im just worried about my background check and looking for an answer from anyone. you dont need to come on and start freaking out on me just because I am looking for some help...
I didn't freak out on you. I expressed irritation, not because you are looking for help, but at your demanding second post. You want free advice, be polite.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Michigan

Long story short; I went to court and was charged with a misdemeanor (Larceny less than 200$), the judge let me claim "HIDA" which I believe seals your record and the judge said in 1 year when i go back after i finish all my requirements the record will be erased. Well I just got a job offer at Dollar General and i am currently waiting for the background check to come back. Will the charge that the judge gave me "HIDA" on show up?
It is not "HIDA" but "HYTA" - Holmes Youthful Trainee Act.

HYTA allows for a court to defer judgment on a criminal charge for those between the ages of 17 and 20 years of age during a probationary period or a prison term (generally a court will order probation). There is no conviction on the charge entered. The entire record remains nonpublic during the probationary period, which means only the court, the Department of Corrections, Law Enforcement and Prosecuting Attorneys will have access. Once all terms of the HYTA are met, there is no longer any record at all of the offense having been committed.

Your background check will not show the misdemeanor, in other words.

Good luck with your new job. Stay out of trouble. And be sure to make sure, when the year passes, that you return to court to be formally released from probation and that all of the records of your arrest and charges are destroyed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">