• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Would this qualify voluntarily leaving work with cause?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kurt

What is the name of your state? PA

My current employer is on the verge of bankruptcy. He (owner) has written numerous checks returned NSF to vendors, suppliers and the alike.

On two occasions in September and October 2005 he bounced two consecutive paychecks to me. In January 2006 my co-worker also received an NSF check.

This past Friday 2/24/06, I became aware that our health insurance, which I contribute one third of has been suspended as of 2/14/06 due to non payment. No payment has been recieved by the provider in 2006.

On Friday 2/24/06 my employer stated that the situation would be taken care of and benefits restored by the end of the day. As of this afternoon 2/27/06, the provider has no record of payment and benefits have not yet been restored.

So in anyone's opinion, would this qualify as "voluntarily leaving work with cause of a necessitous and compelling nature" and allow me to recieve UC compensation?

Last edited:

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
The only opinion that counts is that of an unemployment adjudicator in your state. If I were you I'd be asking that question of them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">