• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

would it be wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

megsl28

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

would it be wrongful termination if my boss told me to choose my child over my job? i am a single mother whoose retired grandparents watch my son so i can work when he awakened at 3 am and was running a 102 degree temp and was coughing i called in two hours before i was suppose to be to work (5am) and now my boss sends me a message to tell me that i had better be to work tomorrow or find a new job because i can find somebody at 3 am to watch him so i can go to work.

Last edited:

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois

would it be wrongful termination if my boss told me to choose my child over my job?
Nope. (I'm purposely vague and to the point, because you've decided to be so as well.)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
would it be wrongful termination if my boss told me to choose my child over my job?

Unless FMLA applies, no, it would not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">