• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Writing on the wall?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dobiegal

Texas. As part of a new division from the beginning in September, I've been wearing multiple hats, with my position to end up being Program Manager. The UK-based company has now decided to close their facility and move those employees here. By doing so, I've been moved fully into Production Control (step down). Now the boss is having me train his young daughter (prior experience only as a receptionist), on my various responsibilities in master scheduling (20 yrs experience in scheduling and program management). Our customer recommended me for this job and would be very upset to have me leave the company, as I am the only one there who has their experience. To me, it looks as if I'm being moved out. There has been a lot of turnover, with most quitting, and I'm only 1 of 4 left...which includes the General Manager and 1 woman who slept with the President's son during our trip to Scotland...the first week on the job. I believe this is a State that is allowed to fire at will. Is there any recourse when I'm being demoted to allow a male to take my original position and to have someone with less seniority take the last position I was moved to? None of this is performance-based, as the customer praises the job I've done for them and I get along with everyone at the facility with the exception of those 3 mentioned above...because they will not allow it (their "managers"). Help! I just bought another house!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">