• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Written employee handbook / policies and procedures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bmcdade

What is the name of your state? SC

Is a large corporation required by federal and/or state law to provide a WRITTEN employee handbook / policies and procedures manual to each of its employees? If so, what is the citation for this/these statute?

What constitutes WRITTEN? If this employer "farms out" its human resources services, and this HR service provides such handbook / P & P ONLY via internet and does not provide hard copies, even upon request, has the employer met its legal obligation [if there is one] to provide said handbook / policies and procedures?

JETX

"Is a large corporation required by federal and/or state law to provide a WRITTEN employee handbook / policies and procedures manual to each of its employees?"
*** No. And this makes the rest of your questions moot.

Beth3

"Is a large corporation required by federal and/or state law to provide a WRITTEN employee handbook / policies and procedures manual to each of its employees?" Nope.

"If so, what is the citation for this/these statute?" There are none.

"What constitutes WRITTEN?" Presumably various letters of the alphabet portrayed in graphic form.

"If this employer "farms out" its human resources services, and this HR service provides such handbook / P & P ONLY via internet and does not provide hard copies, even upon request, has the employer met its legal obligation [if there is one] to provide said handbook / policies and procedures?" There is no legal obligation but I can tell you that more and more employers are going to e-versions only of their Employee Handbook and/or policy manuals. It's far cheaper and much easier to keep updated.

I take it you are seeking some loophole whereby you are exempt from an employer policy by virtue of the fact that you weren't provided a paper copy of the employee manual. You may as well give up that fight right now.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
No law in any state requires any employer of any size to provide a handbook or a copy of the company's policies and procedures in written, verbal, electronic, or any other form, including hieroglyphic. In fact, no law in any state requires any employer of any size to HAVE a handbook or a set of policies and procedures.

B

bmcdade

Hey....you never know until you ask. :eek:) BTW...thanks for the suuuuuuuper fast replys. The following isn't really related to employment law, but I've always been curious...lemme know if i should post under a different category. Here goes:

I'm studying to be a pharmacist and am highly interested in pharmacy law. The is a famous case in the pharmacy law community which is kinda interesting. The question I have is this:

Why/How can a lawsuit be brought by an inanimate object? The case in question is this:

1962 Ford Thunderbird v Div. of Narcotic Control

198 N.E.2d 155 (Ill. App. Ct. 1964)

The quick and dirty issue of this case is this:

Whether the defendant's automobile may be confiscated when she unlawfully possessed narcotics persuant to a prescription that had been post-dated. I have asked some local attorneys that are friends of mine and they had never heard of such. Thanks again, gang!

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Sorry, but the forum you're on deals only with employment law. Suggest you repost this question in the Litigation section.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">