• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wronful termination????????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dime69

What is the name of your state?Wisconsin..
I was fired 2 weeks ago by a Lexus car dealership that I had been with for 5 years between there and the Toyota store..

The day i was let go I was sitting in another consultants office with my foot on the side of the desk against the edge..Not on top of the desk.
Our general Manager and my Service Mansger were in the service drive talking at the time.I've sat like this a hundred times even with my Service Manager sitting next to me in the other chair..Never been a problem before..

So the G.M calls me into the drive and say's "what are u doing sitting like that with your foot up, that's the owners desk.."If he saw you there's nothing I could do to save your ass".."If he saw you he would really make you feel crappy"...
My father died alittle over a year ago and my mother was diognosed 6 months ago with heart dissease..same thing that killed my dad.."I said there's not much that would make me feel crappy"..Getting yelled at for my foot on the side of a desk is'nt the end of my world..
At the end of the day I was called in and was told"there seem's to be a problem going on for awhile rather it's us not meeting your expectations of with you maybe..I've never been writin up for any reason spoke to about any problem's or suspended from work in all my time with them..So they said it's best we part ways at this time..i said "ok thanks" and left..

After filling for unemployment i was told the reason I was let go was the foot on desk thing and my answer showed a poor attitiude..They did not want this
relayed back to the client's..I never had a client complaint about my attitide before and even had letters sent to my boss saying how much people liked working with me for there service..
I thought this was a really weak reason to be let go after 5 years with them..No history of being disciplined for any reason..

I had a technition working for me there that 2 times was caught not perfoming a service on a client's car that he was paid to do..The client paid for and he admitted to other people he did not perfom the work..He still has a job there..Thats stealing..
What's wrong with this picture..unemployment was even told by the company that not at any time in the past have I ever had reason to think my job was in jepordy...
Do i have a case?????

Beth3

Do i have a case????? No. Terminating you for a crapricious reason is not illegal. I will be very surprised if the State doesn't award you unemployment benefits though. Your employer's stated reasons for terminating you seems to fall considerably short of willful misconduct. (Being eligible for UC benefits still doesn't make this a wrongful termination however.)

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Contrary to popular belief, a wrongful termination does not mean one that is unfair, unjust, unreasonable, based on inaccurate or incorrect information, or even in most cases a violation of company policy. A wrongful term means that a specific law exists which prohibits an employee from being fired for that reason.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">