• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wronful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

terminated

:p / i was working for a nationwide retail store up until i was let go due to "REDUCTION IN FORCE" I asked the manager that why was i the chosen one from the department ? his reply was that several factors were taken into consideration_ tardiness, missing days of work, that it all boiled down to reliability. my response was that if that was the case, why me if i had never been late, never called in sick, and always showed up when they called me in because someone else callled in sick. he no longer gave me explanations - all he said that it was a reduction in force and to sign my release. If it is really a reduction in force then why are they still hiring in the store, why could'nt they transfer me to a different department. as a matter of fact they transfered another employee into my department a few days before i was let go. there are other employees with excessive abscenses and tardiness, another employee that has been late on several occasions and has been with the company less than i. do i have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">