• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wronfully Terminated based on an Alleged Sexual Harrasment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ale379

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina

After 20 + years of employment with the same company, I was terminated from my job due to an alleged sexual harassment. My co-worker, which happens to be a female, filed a claim of the alleged harassment. I didn’t think it was sexual harassment because everything was in “playful manner” (I used to scare my co-worker from behind and touched her shoulders) and we had a great co-worker relationship. She never asked to stop the alleged harassment nor complained to my manager. After returning from vacation I get called to the HR office and they processed to tell me that they were doing an investigation of an alleged harassment. That very same date they asked not to report to work the following date, the following I get a call to report to the HR and that’s when they proceeded to tell my that my job was terminated based on the investigation and that the alleged harassment was a serious violation of company policy.

Based on this, can I file a claim with EEOC or take it to an attorney for consultation.

Thanks for any input or advice you may provide.

eerelations

Based on this, can I file a claim with EEOC or take it to an attorney for consultation.
I don't know what you'd say to the EEOC - like "I touched her inappropriately and she complained so now I'm fired and I want you guys to punish her/my old employer." Huh?

And if you sue, what's your statement of claim gonna be? That you touched a coworker inappropriately and naturally got fired and because of that you should get $1million? Huh?

When are guys like you gonna understand that touching coworkers (except for handshakes, and even that could be an issue) is simply not professional? And sometimes, not legal?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">