• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this Wrong ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

system

What is the name of your state?
CALIFORNIA....

I have gotten my real Estate License early this year, after that i took a second employment with a real estate company (two jobs),
alone the way (maybe after several months) my Manager Found out that i have a Real Estate License from another employee, so he check with his boss and so forth..then he came back to me saying that i can't have a R.E.
license and work for the same company ( conflict of interest , he claims it's against RESPA regulation and Company Policy ) , so i told him that i will think about this . So i check online about RESPA and some attorney told me that RESPA doesn't apply to my case (working for a Title Company and having a license for R.E.), so i know im only breaking company policy.
weeks passed and we talked and talked, he told me to inactivate my license and talk to my broker about selling properties (basilly i get the seller or buyer , use my brokers name but still get paid for commision) broker said this is illegal . to make my story a little shorter , my boss emailed me on the sept 4-2003, telling me that since i failed to inactivate
my license (against company policy and RESPA again) they consider this my resignation..The fact is i know of two people ,maybe more(i wounldnt be suprised that the company knows 2) that Have Real Estate License and they are still employed with that Company . but they are not working with a brokerage .

C

coosi

If you don't get any answers here, post your question on the Real Estate section. Good Luck

Beth3

Not only did you accept a job with a competing company, you are engaging in employment activities that directly compete with your first employer. That's an absolute cut and dried conflict of interest and any employer would have a major problem with that.

HomeGuru

coosi said:
If you don't get any answers here, post your question on the Real Estate section. Good Luck
**A: this is not a real estate question but an employment question.
Although I did respond to it in the real estate forum.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">