• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongeful termination or racial discrimanation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

razorson

What is the name of your state? ct
here is a hypotetical ?.any input would be appreciated.
a nurse working in a convalescent home assists a cna to shower a confused res.said nurse and resident have a very good rapport which allows the nurse to calm the resident and have the res. do many things for the nurse which res. usually would refuse and many coworkers caN ATTEST TO THAT. on the other hand the res. doesnt like this particular cna at all. res. strikes out at cna but the nurse was able to intervene and redirect res. to accept shower.cna then transfers res. to shower room alone.after the shower res.is transferred back to bed w/o incident.2 days later a bruise is noticed on res.and the cna is ?'ed but not suspended.the nurse is then ?'ed but is suspended upon investigation where that same cna is allowed to work on the floor with the res.2 more days and then is suspended for 3 days but is back to work.THE SAME CNA ALSO HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN AT LEAST 2 OTHER INVESTIGATIONS WHERE BRIUSING/MARKS HAVE APPEARED ON PATIENTS AFTER THE CNA HAS GIVEN DIRECT CARE BUT CNA WAS NEVER SUSPENDED. after 3 day suspension the nurse is fired for supposed abuse.also 4 eight hour shifts pass between shower and finding of bruise. the nurse has never had any cases/accusations of patient mistreatment in 5 yrs on the job,hovever nurse does have many glowing reports from coworkers,patient s,and family members.the nurse is a minority and the cna is caucasian.also in the facility minorities seem to be targeted for discipline and even passed over for inhouse job postings given to unqualified caucasians BY THE CAUCASIAN MANAGEMENT. .are there grounds for racial discrimanation and if so ,what kind of evidence is needed to prove the case? IE can statistics help prove racial trends in a workplace? tnx

Last edited:

stalin73

Who is asking to play a game? CBQ, do you have answers at all? Are you having indigestion again? If someone poses a questions, shouldnt their be a good faith assumption that a reflective and coherent response would be appreciated. Unfortunately, CBQ is yet another example of why sites like this loose it values to people that are looking for some answers (and may not want to approach a more authoratative source- i.e. attorney), go elsewhere. CBQ, if you DO NOT have answers, please dont respond.

moburkes

BTW, CBQ would probably like for you to say this is NOT an hypothetical question... this happened in Smalltown, Lousiana, to Mr. Mary Forgotten, who worked at Non of you Business! Only then would s/he answer.
So, what's YOUR answer to the question, since you seem not to like the others given.

And, by the way, who is CBQ? And where is Lousiana?

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
Stalin, if you want to be taken seriously, you might at least get my initials right.

I'm by no means the only one who refused to answer. But since you didn't like my answer in the other thread, I'm the one who gets the heat here, is that it?

I don't give a hoot what the name of the individual is or where it happened (outside of what state, since state law varies). But as has already been indicated, we don't do other people's homework; we don't settle bets; and we have more than enough actual questions to answer without taking on hypothetical ones as well.

pattytx

Especially ones where the OP can't even be bothered to capitalize the beginning of the sentence. Do you know how much harder that makes the posts to read?

Gadfly

That hurt my eyes to read and my brain had to work overtime to figure ut the strange words.

Learn to write ENGLISH. At least attempt to use proper puncuation and spelling then maybe someone will take the time to figure out what you want.

As near as I could figure you did nothing to prove discrimination.

moburkes

That hurt my eyes to read and my brain had to work overtime to figure ut the strange words.

Learn to write ENGLISH. At least attempt to use proper puncuation and spelling then maybe someone will take the time to figure out what you want.

As near as I could figure you did nothing to prove discrimination.
What are you talking about? This was a hypothetical situation, so there is nothing to prove, ie, it never happened!:p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">