• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful dischardge, among others

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Tazz13

I was employed at a fast food restaurant for a period of 5 months, during which time I was promoted to Shift Supervisor. During this period, I witnessed several things: One manager, 28 years old, constantly touching, groping and fondling the female crew members, two of which were 14 years old! Also, our assistant manager came in three times hung over, and actually passed out upstairs for a period of three hours. He was also constantly rude to customers, and I myself took no less than seven complaints about him from customers. Receiving absolutely no support from the manager, I left phone messages, and wrote a letter to our district manager, stating how I felt about this situation, and that I would like to be considered for the Assistant Manager position. The Assistant Manager got wind of this, and not only got rid of any notes or write-up forms I had left, but also, when we were working together, said that if I didn't like the way he worked, I could go home. Planning on talking to the manager when I came in the next day, I left, believing I would get a write-up slip. Upon arriving home, I learned that the A.M. had told the manager that I had walked out, and, without even asking my side, I was fired. Now, that being bad enough, the other crew, who had been PROMOTED since my firing, has started harassing me, and even jumped over the counter to "hunt me down", in his own words, and caught my brother and threatened him. I went to the head of security in the mall where the store is, and have since left countless messages. Since then, I have been laughed at, threatened other times, and this person hasn't even been written up! Obviously, there is legal action to be taken; my question is, what, and how??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
A question which will make a LOT of difference to the answer; did you ever specifically report the inappropriate touching and fondling?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">