• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

racefan2448

What is the name of your state? north carolina!! yes i have a big problem,i started working for my local terminix.i started to working for the company last monday and on thursday i was told that i had percocets in my system.well i have a reason to take the pills beacuse of a planters wart i had on my toe.i was told to contact my local doctor and have all my papers faxed to my local office,which i did.i called terminix several times since last thursday to see what what going on.well on friday of lastweek,i called back to terminix and they said they could not read my doctors signature,well thats not my problem.so i go to the drug store that filled my meds and got the last 5 months printed out and also had that faxed to terminix.i called this morning to see what was going on with all this and talked to the district manager.he told me they could not put me back on the payroll,cause i was out of the 30 day window since i had been to the doctor,which was in dec the last visit.the meds i was taking said take 3 times a day or as needed for pain,they dont expire till 2006.i told the terminix manager that i dont have to take all the meds at 1 time.he said the head office said it was best that they did not put me back on payroll.i think i may need a lawyer!!!!!!!!!! help

Katy W.

I misunderstood you then; I could have swore you said you were taking Percocet for a Plantar's wart on your toe.

well i have a reason to take the pills beacuse of a planters wart i had on my toe.
I don't know any doctors that prescribe Percocet for a painful Plantar's wart with enough refills on the prescription for a year.

Yes, your employer can legally decide he doesn't want you as an employee because you take Percocets for the pain associated with a Plantar's wart. Unless you are claiming that you are disabled from the Plantar's wart and taking the Percocet is a reasonable accommodation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">