• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Micnitefan

I live in the state of PA. I worked for a fairly large company. I loved my job and was extremely good at it. Most would tell you that I was one of the best workers the company had. As a matter of fact, since I have been gone it has really been noticed how much I used to do. I have been gone since May and they still aren't doing everything I did and they now have 4 people doing my job. I have people offering reference after reference. I had a problem with one of the supervisors. He went to HR and told a lie about me. The HR supervisor was not very professional and didn't handle the situation the way she should have. Again, I have many people who would testify that she did a very poor and unprofessiona job on many occassions. Many people have been treated very unfairly by her. But, no one ever stood up to her before me. I am a white woman. The person who made up the lie about me is a black male. He once told me that everyone loved me, including his boss, but he could change that. He also told me that they would never fire the big black guy. HR used some intimidation procedures with me, but I accepted them because I didn't think she could really get rid of me and I just wanted it to end. The man who said the lie about me has a history of lying and HR was aware that he does lie. I had never lied to them and they knew that. I also suggested that they view the security tape to see that his story doesn't make sense and mine does, but she said "no" I also offered proof that he had lied about something else, but after I told them what it was they wouldn't even look at it. I was not just let go for any reason. I wasn't even let go for what he accused me of. Instead the reason given to me and in my file is poor work. That is not true. But, they had to put something and there really wasn't a good reason. As a matter of fact, the next day it was announced that I left because of a personal reason and it had nothing to do with my work performance. Of course they had to say that because everyone knew my work performace was great. Yet, that isn't the reason they gave me. Plus, my supervisor did not reccomment me being fired, but his vote didn't count. His should have been the only one that did. Since then I have told them of examples of poor work performance of HR and now she doesn't work there anymore, but they won't go against policy and hire me back or compensate me for my losses. So, I was fired because of poor work performance of HR that was based on a lie. Also, there could be some reverse discrimination there. And, the reason given and in my file is false and can be proven. I really needed my health insurance. I held it for our family and my daugher has a pre-existing condition that makes it too expensive for us to purchase on our own. So, we have no health insurance and my husband just had to have surgery. This has been very devistating to us. Mentally and finacially. Because of the way it was handled do you think I have a case? What would be my fastest plan of action? I need results fast. Is there any lawyer that would like to help me? Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">