• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful dismissal/constructive dismissal

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i have worked for an employer for almost three years, i had an extremely good perfomance evaluation and was very well liked by both employer and employees as well as customers, this year a company policy arose and i was constructively dismissed, the problem is that i have tattooes, i had these when i started the company and they alway knew i had them, now they claim it damages the company's image what and how much can i sue for

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well, it depends on if your tatooes have affected your performance, etc. If you ARE liked by everyone and receive great evaluations, then you should have no problem getting a judgment. Problem, if you live in an at will state (meaning they can fire you for no reason), then you may be out of luck.

You see you HAVE to prove you were let go because of your tats and that that act amounts to wrongful termination or discrimination.

May I suggest you speak with an employment labor law attorney in your state (try attorneypages.com or your state bar) to see if EEOC rules and/or state statutes allow for this conclusion.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">