• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Firing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Perplexed

Illinois at will employee as respected manager of governmental agency office when informed office and responsibilities were being relocated/expanded as political favor to third party official. Although selected to head new office, I was abruptly fired for unstated reason after questioning rational and lack of proposed resources I felt would cripple operations if implemented. I did not refuse to accept new position. Any experienced opinion would be apreciated.

mlane58

Based on the limited information in your post, there was nothing illegal about your termination and as you already stated you were an at will employee, the employer can terminate your employment for any reason as long as it is not for illegal discrimination under Title VII (race, religion, national origin, age etc.).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">