• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful firing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mc3841

What is the name of your state? New York

-------------------------------------------------
I was employed by a temp agency and assigned to work for a company on a temp-to-hire basis.
I started 3 weeks ago and immediately there was a lot of hostility in the room I was working in.
A group of 4 likes to know everything about anyone, and I didn't like that so I got the "ignore treatment".
I kept to myself and just do the work.
I find errors in documents and bring this to the manager and supervisors attention.
Last Friday, I hit up on a major error, I share this with the supervisor, and she directly goes to her manager.

The next Monday I get a call from the temp agency that I have been canceled for the reason of spreading personal sexual implicated rumors about the manager.
I have proof in black and white that 2 temps wrote a note stating that the manager was... and let me say it nicely... was very friendly with 2 co-workers.

I knew that there was a something going on, my personal items were moved, my coffee was contaminated, bumping into my chair while there is enough room to walk, etc.

I never stated anything about this manager otherwise that he is somewhat arrogant.

It seems to co-incidental that when I find errors in these docs, this is brought to his attention that he told the agency that I was fired for spreading rumors about him.

Is there something I can do about this?
The agency told me that I couldn't report him for wrongfully firing me at that company's HR department.

Thanks,

MC

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
This was not a wrongful termination.

Many people misunderstand what that means. In your case your employer was still the temp agency. The temp agency did not fire you.

Even if that was not the case, firing you because you brought errors to managements attention does not meet the legal definition of a wrongful termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">