• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful firing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jics2387

Hi i was fired from my job last week. i recently found out that they trying to gather proof that i've been stealing from that company for a long time which isn't true. I wasn't going to take any action but i recently found that they are filing a police report against me. Does that stay in my permanent record even though they have no proof?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hi i was fired from my job last week. i recently found out that they trying to gather proof that i've been stealing from that company for a long time which isn't true. I wasn't going to take any action but i recently found that they are filing a police report against me. Does that stay in my permanent record even though they have no proof?
US Law Only.

Beth3

What permanent record are you referring to? If you mean your employer's personnel file on you, yes, they may put information in there that you were fired because they suspected you of stealing. They also have the right to file a criminal complaint with the police.

JFlores1979

Wrongful Termination

Hi! Here's the scoop.I recently started a job. Part time. And was let go in the same week. The reason is my cash drawer ( till ) was short 4 dollars at the end of my shift. The owner had discussed with me that it can not happen again, in which the following scheduled worked day reflected that my till was correct and balanced. He proceeded to " fire " me 3 days later for the situation. I was not given an employee hand book to sign, nor a cash handling agreement to sign. Is there anything I can do, and can this be classified as a " Wrongful Termination " suit.

Antigone*

Hi! Here's the scoop.I recently started a job. Part time. And was let go in the same week. The reason is my cash drawer ( till ) was short 4 dollars at the end of my shift. The owner had discussed with me that it can not happen again, in which the following scheduled worked day reflected that my till was correct and balanced. He proceeded to " fire " me 3 days later for the situation. I was not given an employee hand book to sign, nor a cash handling agreement to sign. Is there anything I can do, and can this be classified as a " Wrongful Termination " suit.
JFlores, hijacking a thread is considered rude in our forum, but don't bother posting this on a new thread for two reasons: 1- it would be a duplicate thread and 2- you have no case for wrongful termination.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">