• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful firing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RLAVERNE

I worked as a grinder operator for a major company in South Carolina that builds large construction equipment. A month ago I was fired for "intentionally filing a false report under the prohibited harassment policy." The complaint was that an other employee hit me in the arm causing a bruise. I had used the word "slug" in my complaint. The HR Manager said that i had used the word slug to intentionally get the other indivdiual in trouble. Company policy also states that an individual fired would be allowed a peer review by either a panel of their peers or the facility manager. I was denied both. Should i get a lawyer and fight this action? I have filed with our Human Affair Commission here in my state. Do i have any other options? Thanks

M

moverm

i don't know about your state but in my state of Indiana, if you do not have a union, the company can fire anyone for any reason at all. I'd call a local attorney and ask.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">