• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Hire?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bob12377

State: Florida
I was hired by a privately held company that was in deep financial trouble and subsequently laid off after only 6 weeks. The company failed to disclose that they were having financial problems prior to my first day of work.
I left a stable job and was about to buy a house when I joined this company for a higher salary and the promise of a stable future.
After I was laid off, I was out of work for two months before I found another job at a lower salary. I also lost the house since I couldn't get a mortgage approved while I was unemployed.

Do I have a case for lost wages on the grounds that I was misled about the financial condition of the company?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">