• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Suspension

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Lep798

What is the name of your state? New York

I posted a bulletin on my Myspace, and one of the questions asked what annoyed me, and I wrote that a certain employee should commit suicide, but without including this persons name, or the fact that they work at my store. A supervisor saw my bulletin (the specific person that I was talking about could not view my post), and this supervisor printed it out and showed it to my manager and general manager, along with the person I was talking about. Is that enough to constitute suspension or possible termination?

NCGLAM

Did you mention any names? And did you actually write 'your co-worker should kill himself' ? The problem with the situation is that even if you did write something on a website, if it was copy/pasted and printed out, the person who retrieved/printed the document could have modified it in any way to make the situation appear worse to your boss than it actually was. If the document is no longer on your website they have no way of proving that it was up there to begin with, especially on a blog if Im not mistaken. In that case it would be your word versus the person who had reported you.
I know who you work for, and I think your just being unfairly targeted by the person who reported you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">