• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

W

well-not

I was out due to stress from my job, before I could come back to work, they terminated me, is that legal? I've only been there for 8 weeks, my employers are lawyers who specialize in workman's compensation representing the employees for labor unions. I would expect them to know what they are doing, yet I feel they discriminated me.

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

SOunds like excuses to me. If you were only there for 8 weeks and you had to take time off for "stress", they did the right thing. Why? Becuase you sound like a liability to them.

What state are you from? We can help you better if we know your state.

It doesn't sound like you qualify under the Americans with Disabilities Act or the Family Medical Leave Act. If you live in an "at-will" employment state, they can fire you with or without cause, with or without notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">