• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

create38

What is the name of your state? GA

i was recently let go from my job with the state of ga, i was not given a reason for the termination, but when i went for unemployment, i was told it was denied. the reason was ,the employer stated i was terminated for falsifying timesheets. however i didnt do this and no one ever confronted me about this issue. also my reviews were very good

do i have any recourse??

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
You can appeal the UC decision. However, this is not a wrongful termination under the law and you have no basis for a lawsuit over the termination.

The law does NOT require them to confront you on the issue; it does NOT require them to give you a write up ahead of time and it does NOT require the employer to be correct; they are entitled to fire you on suspicion of wrongdoing, even if they are mistaken.

Beth3

Ditto. File for a UC hearing. The employer will have to present copies of the altered time sheets as evidence and you will be able to respond to the allegations. The only issue being heard however is whether or not you are eligible for UC benefits. You have no legal basis (or venue in which) to challenge their decision to fire you however.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">