• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

scomac

What is the name of your state? Texas - however parent company is based in California.

I was recently terminated from a 3 1/2 year working relationship from a large financial firm. To give a brief history of when things went down hill. It was mid November and I had received my annual review. My manager had given me a very well review and a grading of distinguished. Nothing in that review had reflected any wrong doing or need of change. A few weeks later without any warning or previous repremande I was presented with a corrective action plan from that same manager. There were two items listed in the corrective action plan that I need to change or else. One of the items had to do with a coporate business card and the other had to do with my office time. I was in shock about this because of the fact nothing was raised during my review just a fews weeks prior.

Needless to say I was not happy about it, but I did not fight it. I agreed to work a strict 9-6 work schedule and then felt that being Sr. level employee that things would reflect better if I worked a 7-4 schedule. Management agreed to the change and I began actually working roughly 6:30 - 4:15 on average.

Now the reasons for firing were that I was insubordinate and not doing my job. Yet again this was a suprise to me because days earlier I had a 1:1 with my manager in which things were going well and she had expressed how I was going to get this glorious review at the end of the quarter to remove the corrective action plan. What really suprised me was the not doing my work part. We just finished a large development project and launched a new product for our parent company. I was a key contributor in that development process. I have many witnesses that would express the amount of work and dedication that I did put in. The other interesting aspect is that when she delivered the termination to me in front of her boss she was adamant about not allowing me to discuss any aspect of the reasons for termination.

It just all seems a little fishy for why they fired me and the simple fact of the matter when it comes the actual filed reasons they are false I can easily proove that they are false.

Is there anything that I can do about this? It is disturbing to me to have filed data on me that will be there forever which is predicated on lies that were obviously calculated.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

"It is disturbing to me to have filed data on me that will be there forever which is predicated on lies that were obviously calculated."

=====================================

My response:

It may be "obvious" to you, but it's not to us. You never stated or explained what was so "obvious". All your post does is give us your end of the story, and you write nothing more than conclusions.

Please tell us what should have been "obvious".

IAAL

JETX

"Is there anything that I can do about this?"
*** Of course you can request a management review of the situation; however, if you mean 'legal action', no. Nothing in your post implies illegal, improper or 'wrongful' conduct by the employer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">