• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DNichol016

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

the other day, the day shift person left me her deposit in case I needed to cash checks out of it. I didnt need to use it so I just locked it up in an extra drawer we dont use and hid the key in a place that only she and I know about. my daughter worked the midnight shift that night and left at 8 am the next morning when the day shift girl came in. At 11am, she discovered that $220 was missing from the bank bag. I never counted or even opened her bag when I locked it up and it was locked up before my daughter even came in so she didnt even know it was there. They are trying to blame her and say she took it, we watched the tape of the shift and shortly after 5:30am it stopped recording, now they are trying to say that she figured out how to stop the tape and found the key and took the money. They fired her for it and said she has to pay back the money. Can they legally do that?

P

Pfaffing85690

They can fire her for any reason, even a false one.

As for making her pay for it, the burden of proof is on the store to prove that she took the money. The only way they can force her to pay the money is to take her to court for criminal charges and from your post (and only from the facts in your post) there is not enough evidence to support a charge.

Be glad she's gone from that environment and that you've also learned a lesson from this. NEVER accept money from anyone when you will be responsible for it without knowing the exact amount.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">