• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Wrongful Termination?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

RMRWAC

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
I worked for a chiropractor from May 8, 2001 until yesterday March 23, 2004. I was office manager and was told that I do my job well and that I have really helped that office to grow. the Dr. I worked for has a coach to help him learn to make his business grow. I have gone above and beyond the call of my job. About 1.5 years ago the Dr. started having an affiar with one of the patients. He is married. I was made to go with him to meet her for lunch so that people wouldn't get suspicious. I was also made to take 2 hour lunches so that they could have sex in the office while we were closed for lunch. I did all of that to keep my job. I also up until yesterday went in almost every week on my day off to get the mail and make the deposit because he asked me to. I didn't get paid for it and I used my gas. He also make us post charges on patients who do even come into our office. I didn't him that I didn't want to do it if it was not legal and he told me that it was because he sometimes treats them at his home. Last week his coach told him to give us a questionaire to fill out. One of the questions was, what do I like least about me job, I put that he sometimes puts the money before the patients and that he doesn't spend enough time with them and rushed them in and out and that I didn't like to leave my 4 kids to travel to other states to these coaching seminars. He told me that he would not even see our answers that we needed to just fax them to his coach and it would be used to help our office. The coach told him exactly what I put and he fired me for my opinion that he made me give him. I didn't want to do the questionaire, but he told me that I had to and that I had to tell the truth. Is it legal to fire me for my opinion on what I least like about my job that he made me tell him?

Beth3

"Is it legal to fire me for my opinion on what I least like about my job that he made me tell him?" Yes.

If you were paid hourly (or should have been) then you an contact your State's Department of Labor about the unpaid time you put in on your day off. You're also free to contact your State's Insurance Commission regarding the insurance fraud. Same for Medicare/Medicaid. But nothing you've written regarding your termination constitutes a wrongful discharge.

Chiropractors - ya gotta love 'em. Not to malign the decent ones but there's a tremendous amount of insurance fraud that goes on in the chiropractic industry.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">