• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful termination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

chillin

What is the name of your state?Kentucky

I was suspended indefinately on April 10th, due to sexual harassment, wrongfully termination, and retaliation in the past. My insurance was cut off on May 5th, I won unemployment on May 21, I filed with eeoc May 26th, On June 9 my unemployment stopped again and don't know why, they are saying it stopped because I went from suspended indefinately to terminated, which I don't know if that is true or not, I think the company is trying to mess things up again. The unemployment also said it would be another 2 weeks before I hear about it. The company I used to work for belongs to the union but, they are not helping much at all. I had round 3 in agreviance on June 16. I have a feeling they are just trying to get me to quit, even though I didn't. My question is since I have papers on the unemployment saying I won that, why would it be stopping again? Could it be because I have mediation on July 22 with eeoc, or could it be because I went from suspended indefinately to terminated? Now the company I used to work for is saying I was never terminated, If I wasnt why did my insurance get cut off? If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.

Shay-Pari'e

chillin said:
What is the name of your state?Kentucky

I was suspended indefinately on April 10th, due to sexual harassment, wrongfully termination, and retaliation in the past. My insurance was cut off on May 5th, I won unemployment on May 21, I filed with eeoc May 26th, On June 9 my unemployment stopped again and don't know why, they are saying it stopped because I went from suspended indefinately to terminated, which I don't know if that is true or not, I think the company is trying to mess things up again. The unemployment also said it would be another 2 weeks before I hear about it. The company I used to work for belongs to the union but, they are not helping much at all. I had round 3 in agreviance on June 16. I have a feeling they are just trying to get me to quit, even though I didn't. My question is since I have papers on the unemployment saying I won that, why would it be stopping again? Could it be because I have mediation on July 22 with eeoc, or could it be because I went from suspended indefinately to terminated? Now the company I used to work for is saying I was never terminated, If I wasnt why did my insurance get cut off? If anyone has any suggestions, please tell me.

Have you thought about simply finding a new job? Good Luck to you, gathering from your post you need it.

C

chillin

--PARIDISE-- said:
Have you thought about simply finding a new job? Good Luck to you, gathering from your post you need it.
Thanks PARADISE, I needed that laugh, I am not finding another job because then they have won, they are not right neither within a few months too much has happened to me I was sexually assualted by a assistant manager, not on property though, then the harassing become intensified and I had to leave on Jan 9, then they moved the pig and said it was for my own safety I came back on Feb 15. Then I get sick one day at work on new medicine and asked to go home and they said o.k., that was April 7th, and then I get suspended indefinately papers on April 10th. They where planning to get rid of me since the harasser is gone, which I believe and they where probably thinking Im just going to give up also. So in a matter of 2 months Im gone. To planned out to me. I fixed my unemployment matters, I got that back and won that. I just cant let them win. Thanks for your input though.

JETX

Obviously, no one can answer your 'why' questions as we are not privy to ALL the facts.

I can say though.... that it is possible that your unemployment compensation stopped when the former employer notified the UC commission that you were terminated with cause. If that is the case, most states do not provide unemployment compensation for those that quit or are terminated due to their own conduct.

Shay-Pari'e

chillin said:
Thanks PARADISE, I needed that laugh, I am not finding another job because then they have won, they are not right neither within a few months too much has happened to me I was sexually assualted by a assistant manager, not on property though, then the harassing become intensified and I had to leave on Jan 9, then they moved the pig and said it was for my own safety I came back on Feb 15. Then I get sick one day at work on new medicine and asked to go home and they said o.k., that was April 7th, and then I get suspended indefinately papers on April 10th. They where planning to get rid of me since the harasser is gone, which I believe and they where probably thinking Im just going to give up also. So in a matter of 2 months Im gone. To planned out to me. I fixed my unemployment matters, I got that back and won that. I just cant let them win. Thanks for your input though.

I'm glad you had fun with my post, but on a serious note.......Did you report this assault when it happened?

C

chillin

JETX said:
Obviously, no one can answer your 'why' questions as we are not privy to ALL the facts.

I can say though.... that it is possible that your unemployment compensation stopped when the former employer notified the UC commission that you were terminated with cause. If that is the case, most states do not provide unemployment compensation for those that quit or are terminated due to their own conduct.
First of all I DIDN'T QUIT. They are just saying I did because of the harassment. Second I messed the unemployment up by accident, but it started again yesterday. That was my mistake. The unemployment did look into it because they where trying to get out of it the first time but, unemployment was on my side the letter I got from them said, The claimant is allowed benefits, based on this determination, during the period of suspension.

C

chillin

--PARIDISE-- said:
I'm glad you had fun with my post, but on a serious note.......Did you report this assault when it happened?
Yes I did report it but, five days later, because I was scared to death. Thats why they investigated it at the store.

C

chillin

--PARIDISE-- said:
Hey PARIDISE, Could that be why they got rid of me within 2 months. Because they had to move him and, investigate it with human resource and the cops came in.

JETX

chillin said:
First of all I DIDN'T QUIT.
*** You need to learn to read and understand. I never said you did quit!! What I said was IF you quit or was terminated for cause, you wouldn't normally qualify for unemployment compensation.

the letter I got from them said, The claimant is allowed benefits, based on this determination, during the period of suspension.
*** Okay. Now, don't be surprised if/when the employer notifies them that you were terminated for cause..... and the payments stop again. The bottom line here is that you will very likely have to have a hearing in front of the commission to determine whether you qualify for UC or not. This is because there CLEARLY is a diversity of opinions on your status.

C

chillin

JETX said:
*** You need to learn to read and understand. I never said you did quit!! What I said was IF you quit or was terminated for cause, you wouldn't normally qualify for unemployment compensation.

*** Okay. Now, don't be surprised if/when the employer notifies them that you were terminated for cause..... and the payments stop again. The bottom line here is that you will very likely have to have a hearing in front of the commission to determine whether you qualify for UC or not. This is because there CLEARLY is a diversity of opinions on your status.
Thanks JETX, for explaining more clearly. I do understand now. I would never thought this would happen in unemployment though. Its my first time dealing with this and hopefully my last. Believe me I dont want to deal with this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">